- 2 cups Flour
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Hard Margarine or Butter
- 1 - Egg
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the margarine or butter into the dry ingredients finely.
- Lightly beat the egg in a measuring cup and add water and/or milk in whatever proportion you prefer to make 1 cup of liquid in total.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and gently mix until all the dry ingredients are taken up.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead gently a few dozen times.
- Roll dough to a thickness of about 1 inch.
- Use a floured glass or cookie to make biscuits about 2 1/2 inches diameter.
- Bake at 425 for 12 to15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.