- 1 cup Butter or Margarine (I prefer butter)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 large Egg (medium will do)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Raisins or Currants
- Cream the butter, and sugar.
- Beat the egg well.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, blending well.
- Add the oatmeal, coconut, and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2" apart and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.